Recent Post

Searching...
September 23, 2013

Essay on Israelites Exodus From Egypt

Israelites Exodus from Egypt
Keeping in view the history and ways through God provided for Israelites during their exodus from Egypt, one can easily recognize, even today, how gracefully God provides for the whole humanity.
God told Moses he would "rain bread from heaven" for them. He provided the Israelites with Manna. “He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.(Deuteronomy 8:3)
In testing times God arranged for this delicious food for Israelites or they would have died of starvation and hunger. Moreover, God sent unto them Moses who would guide Israelites through the troubling times.  God made a covenant with the people of Israel at Mount Sinai. He said to them: “If you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession. You shall be a Kingdom of priests and a consecrated nation.”
This manna was a type of Christ, predicting God’s provision for mankind centuries later. Our Lord said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world” John 6:47-51).


References
Stephen G. Dempster.(2006) Dominion and dynasty InterVarsity Press:Downers Grove, pp. 107.



0 comments:

Post a Comment